Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Aurora Aurora is offline

Default Word Merge labels

I am using Word and Access 2003
I have a Db of customers addresses. I created an avery address label in
Access but it is not printing out correctly. Labels are beginning to high or
to low. I have played with the spacing but to no avail. So I created a
merge doc, using the same avery label, with the access query as the data
source. In my label I have the following fields, Co name, Attn to, and this
formula =[add1] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & ([Add2]+(Chr(13) & Chr(10))) & [city]
to put in the balance of the address without leaving extra lines or spacing.
This formula works in Access but is not working in Word. Can anyone tell
what is wrong? How can I get this to work?
I need help ASAP please. We are trying to get our christmas cards out today.
Aurora
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Labels are beginning to high or
to low. I have played with the spacing but to no avail.

One thing worth trying is to uncheck Word Tools-Options-Print-"Allow
A4/letter paper resizing" (I'd also make sure the paper size selected in
your printer driver is the same as the one selected in Word

As for the formula, Word formulas are completely different from Access
formulas and are numeric only. However, as far as I can see your formula is
basically doing

{ MERGEFIELD add1 }CRLF
{ MERGEFIELD Add2 }CRLF
{ MERGEFIELD City }CRLF

and you would typically achieve that in Word using ordinary paragraph marks
where I have put CRLF: that would make Word use the "paragraph spacing"
characteristics, whereas if you used hard line breaks (shift-Enter) Word
would use the line spacing within the paragraph.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Aurora" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

1. You have added a header/footer to normal.dot (rename normal.dot)
2. The page size set in the printer properties doesn't match the page size
of the label sheet.
3. You have a scaling option set in the zoom section of the print dialog
4. Your printer has poor paper handling. Some printers will slip when faced
with label stock and thus are incapable of feeding the label correctly.
Cleaning the rollers in the print path may help.