Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
srhamm srhamm is offline

Default How to use mail merge to generate itemized tax statements?

I'm hoping Word 2007 will be easier than it was in the past. I need to
generate tax statements for our donors, with normal contact info at the top
of the mail merge letters, followed by a list of all their 2008 contributions
sorted by date, then the total for that person. My data source is in Excel
and has individual rows for each donation (so a person who gave 6 times will
have their name repeated on six lines, yet each line is unique to the
donations they made). How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is no easier in 2007! - see How to use mail merge to create a list sorted
by category - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294686

Fellow MVP 'macropod' has posted a tutorial on this, with working field
codes and a sample Excel data source, at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=731107