Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Satterbury Satterbury is offline

Default Skip 1st Record in Merge when Merging To Attendee Roster & Name Ba

I export my records into Excel and see that it is does not print a record in
the first place where a record should appear on the attendee roster
(directory), it does however, insert Phone: and Email: I'm willing to work
with this as I only need to delete those two words and the directory is fine.

But my merge will not print the first record on the name badge. It placed
it in the 2nd place of the name badge.

I was plagued with skipping records last year, and I pulled a new Avery
badge template from my version at home and bought it to work and the skipping
of records stopped.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You probably have a Next record field where one is not required.
See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

Satterbury wrote:
I export my records into Excel and see that it is does not print a
record in the first place where a record should appear on the
attendee roster (directory), it does however, insert Phone: and
Email: I'm willing to work with this as I only need to delete those
two words and the directory is fine.

But my merge will not print the first record on the name badge. It
placed it in the 2nd place of the name badge.

I was plagued with skipping records last year, and I pulled a new
Avery badge template from my version at home and bought it to work
and the skipping of records stopped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Satterbury Satterbury is offline

Default Skip 1st Record in Merge when Merging To Attendee Roster & Nam

Hi Graham, I just checked and no I don't have a "next record" on the first
entry. Would you like to see both my badge and directory template as well as
the Excel file?

Satterbury wrote:
I export my records into Excel and see that it is does not print a
record in the first place where a record should appear on the
attendee roster (directory), it does however, insert Phone: and
Email: I'm willing to work with this as I only need to delete those
two words and the directory is fine.

But my merge will not print the first record on the name badge. It
placed it in the 2nd place of the name badge.

I was plagued with skipping records last year, and I pulled a new
Avery badge template from my version at home and bought it to work
and the skipping of records stopped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If on the directory you get

Blank Phone Email
Name Phone Email
Name Phone Email

where on the first line, the Phone and Email are correct for the first
record and the data for the other records is correct, I think that the issue
is with the data for the first record in the datasource.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Satterbury wrote:
I export my records into Excel and see that it is does not print a
record in the first place where a record should appear on the
attendee roster (directory), it does however, insert Phone: and
Email: I'm willing to work with this as I only need to delete those
two words and the directory is fine.

But my merge will not print the first record on the name badge. It
placed it in the 2nd place of the name badge.

I was plagued with skipping records last year, and I pulled a new
Avery badge template from my version at home and bought it to work
and the skipping of records stopped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If Doug's suggestion does not work and the files when zipped are small
enough to e-mail, send them to the link on the home page of my web site and
I will have a look over the weekend.

Skip record if... dmaka1986 Mailmerge 1 January 15th 09 11:22 PM
mailmerge. end merge or skip record when quantity is 0 Simon Mailmerge 1 January 11th 07 04:12 PM
Why does Label Mail Merge skip first record on subsequent pages George Mailmerge 3 January 6th 06 05:59 AM
label merge only 1st record is merging-rest of source won't merge harriet Mailmerge 2 March 29th 05 04:26 PM
merge is only merging every 3rd record - how do i fix it? johnette Mailmerge 1 February 24th 05 11:28 PM