Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pat[_4_] Pat[_4_] is offline

Default Formatting Date - not working for me

Hello,

I am pulling in a date from Excel and it is formatting as a number.
I have searched and see the example of
{ Mergefield Birthday \@ "MM/dd/yy" }

--
Thanks, Pat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pat[_4_] Pat[_4_] is offline

Sorry about that last message. It posted to early. Please let me finish
my qeustions.

I am pulling in a date from Excel and it is formatting as a number.
I have searched and see the example of { Mergefield Birthday \@ "MM/dd/yy" }

However when I enter this into the field it does not change the format.
Right now it's coming in as 39556

THis is what I have entered: {MERGEFIELD "my field name" \@ "M/d/YY"}
however it did not change the format at all.

What am I missing? Thank you.

Pat.

--
Thanks, Pat

"Pat" wrote:

Hello,

I am pulling in a date from Excel and it is formatting as a number.
I have searched and see the example of
{ Mergefield Birthday \@ "MM/dd/yy" }

--
Thanks, Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Pat wrote:
Hello,

I am pulling in a date from Excel and it is formatting as a number.
I have searched and see the example of
{ Mergefield Birthday \@ "MM/dd/yy" }

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pat[_4_] Pat[_4_] is offline

Thank you!

I used #2 - and changed the way word gets the data.
Seems to have worked for a few of the issues I was running into.

have a great evening.

--
Thanks, Pat