Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kaia

Default ops manual format with different margins for odd and even pages

We are formatting a Word document to use as an operations manual. We want to
leave a 2 in. on the outside of each page (so odd and even page formats must
alternate) for notes. When the manual is open, the left page will have an
indented margin with space for notes on the left side of the page, and the
right page will have a similar space for notes on the right side of the page.
How is this accomplished??

In addition, we want to have a vertical line to separate the notes section
on the side of each page from the text.

Please help!

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Use "Mirror margins" (Margins tab of Page Setup) to get the alternating wide
margin. Use "Different odd and even" (Layout tab of Page Setup) to get a
separate Odd Page Header and Even Page Header; anchor a drawing line to the
header paragraph in the appropriate location in each header.