Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default OT Excel won't reduce window size. Help!

Apols OT but this ng is such magic. Trying to reduce Excel on screen so that
I can look at a directory at same time as keying into a spreadsheet. When I
select reduce, the window does not shrink and I cannot activate the
shrinking arrows at the edges. This is hugely waiting time. All other
shrinks help, eg I can shrink my Explorer or Word window to about a quarter
of the screen and want to do the same with Excel. Can anyone help? TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

wrote in message ...
Apols OT but this ng is such magic. Trying to reduce Excel on screen so
that I can look at a directory at same time as keying into a spreadsheet.
When I select reduce, the window does not shrink and I cannot activate the
shrinking arrows at the edges. This is hugely waiting time. All other
shrinks help, eg I can shrink my Explorer or Word window to about a
quarter of the screen and want to do the same with Excel. Can anyone help?
TIA.

Got it sorted. Had to drag the window across slightly to access the edges.
Thanks and again apols for OT.