Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hugh Hugh is offline

Default "Advance" down page

WordPerfect has an "Advance" feature that allows you to position text at a
certain position from the top of the page -- and this position is fixed and
won't move.

How do I do this in Word? My objective is to fix an address position for a
letter that will show through a window envelope. This address position needs
to be fixed.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Word has an Advance field, but it's mostly for WP compatibility, and it's
not especially easy to use. What you will probably find more useful is a
text box or frame with its position set relative to the page.