Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DebsPink DebsPink is offline

Default Copy whole document with Headers/footers

In 2007, I have found that if I select a whole document (including last
paragrpah) and paste into various other documents, sometimes the headers and
footers are pasted too and sometimes they are not. This seems to depend on
the template of the document being pasted into, but I can't figure out what
setting affects this. Urgent advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...ectionInfo.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DebsPink" wrote in message
In 2007, I have found that if I select a whole document (including last
paragrpah) and paste into various other documents, sometimes the headers
and
footers are pasted too and sometimes they are not. This seems to depend
on
the template of the document being pasted into, but I can't figure out
what
setting affects this. Urgent advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DebsPink DebsPink is offline

Thanks, but I'm afraid it doesn't help. I WANT to copy the headers, footers
and margins, but dependent upon which blank document I am pasting into,
sometimes they come it and others they don't, which leads me to beleive there
must be a setting in the template itself somewhere, as I am doing exaclty the
same Copy & Paste action.

"DebsPink" wrote in message
In 2007, I have found that if I select a whole document (including last
paragrpah) and paste into various other documents, sometimes the headers
and
footers are pasted too and sometimes they are not. This seems to depend
on
the template of the document being pasted into, but I can't figure out
what
setting affects this. Urgent advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DebsPink DebsPink is offline

My apologies - it DID help - but maybe not in the way you thought. The link
got me thinking where it mentioned the destination documents being
completelty blank. I thought they were, but then I realised there was a
paragraph mark in the header of the ones that weren't working, even though
there was no text. I selected and deleted these, closed the header and the
paragraph mark disappeared. I was then able to copy and paste an entire
document, including headers!!!

Many thanks - a solution to many hours investigation

"DebsPink" wrote in message
In 2007, I have found that if I select a whole document (including last
paragrpah) and paste into various other documents, sometimes the headers
and
footers are pasted too and sometimes they are not. This seems to depend
on
the template of the document being pasted into, but I can't figure out
what
setting affects this. Urgent advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm glad you got it sorted.

For what it's worth, there is also this article on sections:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP