Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rjjablo rjjablo is offline

Default Send to Fax Services

We have a Windows XP box with Office 2003 with current updates. We used to be
able to send faxes thru a Fax Service ie Venali and we tried also RapidFax.
Same error for both.

Problem is when you click on Send to and then Fax Service everything works
as it should. The Word File converts to a tif file and preview will show both
the cover sheet and the attached file.

When you hit send, the cover sheet only will go to the fax service and the
tif file will not be attached.

We look in the sent mail and the tif file is not attached.

I installed this on my machine with the same configuration and it worked
flawlessly.

This worked before we installed an upgraded version of Adobe Professional.

Any ideas on what to check before we uninstall and reinstall Word which I
dont think will fix the problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As it stopped working when you installed the upgraded Adobe Professional, it
would be that which I would uninstall, NOT Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"rjjablo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rjjablo rjjablo is offline

Doug

I forgot to mention we did uninstall Adobe Professional.

I am looking for a way to turn back on the attachment of the file in Send to.

I am assuming something got tweaked in the registry and is stopping this
from happening.

Any other options?

"rjjablo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] is offline

Examine the definition of the printto verb for Word documents. Adobe may
have mucked with it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"rjjablo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] is offline

PS Examine the definition for tif files as well. It is even more likely that
Adobe mucked with that.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"rjjablo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rjjablo rjjablo is offline

Russ

I found this on another site

Is this what I want it to look like?

rundll32.exe Drive:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Pr intTo /pt
"%1" "%2" "%3" "%4"

"rjjablo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] is offline

Yup. That's the one that has worked best here, both for Venali and for tif
attachments from Outlook.
What was yours showing?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"rjjablo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rjjablo rjjablo is offline

Russ

I dont know.

I need to know exactly where to put it. The other website was vague about
where it went.

Does it go in the registry or

Somewhere else.

Many thanks for an exact description.

Bob

"rjjablo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] is offline

You can edit the registry directly, but the easiest way to do it is to
define a printto verb in the File Associations dialog (Windows Explorer
Tools Folder Options... File Types TIF image Advanced Actions)
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

As it stopped working when you installed the upgraded Adobe
Professional,
it
would be that which I would uninstall, NOT Word.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my

"rjjablo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rjjablo rjjablo is offline

Russ

Still having problems.

I defined the Printo in the File associations.

I also checked the registry and directly edited it there.

Should I copy the shimgvw.dll from a good machine?

No change. Everything works up until the point that Outlook sends the file
forward.

Anything else to check for before we format this machine and start over?

Bob

"rjjablo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] is offline

So which fax service are you using now?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"rjjablo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rjjablo rjjablo is offline

We have the same problem with RapidFax and Venali.

They just dont get the attachment Outlook should attach.

"rjjablo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] is offline

Venali should be able to troubleshoot this for you. Defining the printto
verb is what works for Windows Fax. Other services may require different
solutions.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
news

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Are there any free fax services kc Mailmerge 1 June 28th 07 07:34 AM
Fax Services Air Microsoft Word Help 1 May 4th 07 05:03 AM
Default... - Terminal Services dru Page Layout 2 November 10th 05 03:02 PM
Where can I find a template for "Bid For Services"? mclean New Users 2 September 30th 05 09:40 AM