Prairiefire

Default Edits don't show immediately; I have to click back in the document

This problem comes and goes.

Sometimes it works right: if I make an edit (indent a paragraph, change the
font or style, whatever), the edit appears immediately on screen right when I
click on the toolbar or hit the keyboard shortcut. Other (most) times, I have
to make the edit and then click back in the document to see it.

This is really irritating; I'm a heavy keyboard shortcut user ; I tend to
keep my fingers on the keyboard. I hate having to click with the mouse to see
whether my edit was made.

How can I get the edits to show immediately, always?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UHJhaXJpZWZpcmU=?=,

Sometimes it works right: if I make an edit (indent a paragraph, change the
font or style, whatever), the edit appears immediately on screen right when I
click on the toolbar or hit the keyboard shortcut. Other (most) times, I have
to make the edit and then click back in the document to see it.

This is really irritating; I'm a heavy keyboard shortcut user ; I tend to
keep my fingers on the keyboard. I hate having to click with the mouse to see
whether my edit was made.

How can I get the edits to show immediately, always?

It always helps to know the version of Word...

My initial thought on reading this is that you need to update your graphics card
driver. But it could perhaps also be a problem with third-party software that's
"stealing" the focus. To test that, try booting Windows in SAFE MODE and see if
Word behave any differently.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org