Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
colblip colblip is offline

Default Duplex printing across section breaks not working

Hello, All!

I have a document someone else prepared. It has a number of section breaks
in it. When I try to duplex print a section of the document beyond the 1st
section break, the printing does not work. If I replace the section break
with a page break then the section will print duplex until it runs into
another section break.

I there some setting I'm missing for printing without replacing all of the
section breaks?

Thanks,

Colonel Blip
E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

What do you mean by does not work? Exactly what does happen?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"colblip" colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com wrote in message
Hello, All!

I have a document someone else prepared. It has a number of section breaks
in it. When I try to duplex print a section of the document beyond the 1st
section break, the printing does not work. If I replace the section break
with a page break then the section will print duplex until it runs into
another section break.

I there some setting I'm missing for printing without replacing all of the
section breaks?

Thanks,

Colonel Blip
E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
colblip colblip is offline

Document is 80pages long with section breaks typically every 5-8 pages. Set
duplex printing on my printer (Brother 1440). Print All - prints fine. Print
1-5 (no section break) prints fine. Print 1-10 (inclusive of 1st section
break) - does not print, i.e. no info goes to the print spooler. Remove
section break and replace with simple page break and try again - prints
fine.

Can keep repeating this process and as long as no section break duplex
printing works; otherwise it doesn't.

Hello, Doug!
You wrote on Sun, 5 Apr 2009 08:24:14 +1000:

DRW What do you mean by does not work? Exactly what does happen?

DRW --
DRW Hope this helps.

DRW Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
DRW services on a paid consulting basis.

DRW Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

DRW "colblip" colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com wrote in message
DRW ...
?? Hello, All!
??
?? I have a document someone else prepared. It has a number of section
?? breaks in it. When I try to duplex print a section of the document
?? beyond the 1st section break, the printing does not work. If I replace
?? the section break with a page break then the section will print duplex
?? until it runs into another section break.
??
?? I there some setting I'm missing for printing without replacing all of
?? the section breaks?
??
?? Thanks,
??
?? Colonel Blip
?? E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com
??

With best regards, colblip. E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

That's because in a multi-section document, you must include the section
number when you are printing a range. So you need to enter something like:

p1s1 - p10s2

See Word Help for further information.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
colblip colblip is offline

Thanks.

Document is 80pages long with section breaks typically every 5-8
pages. Set duplex printing on my printer (Brother 1440). Print All -
prints fine. Print 1-5 (no section break) prints fine. Print 1-10
(inclusive of 1st section break) - does not print, i.e. no info goes
to the print spooler. Remove section break and replace with simple
page break and try again - prints fine.

Can keep repeating this process and as long as no section break
duplex printing works; otherwise it doesn't.

Hello, Doug!
You wrote on Sun, 5 Apr 2009 08:24:14 +1000:

What do you mean by does not work? Exactly what does happen?

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

"colblip" colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com wrote in message
Hello, All!

I have a document someone else prepared. It has a number of
section breaks in it. When I try to duplex print a section of the
document beyond the 1st section break, the printing does not
work. If I replace the section break with a page break then the
section will print duplex until it runs into another section
break. I there some setting I'm missing for printing without replacing
all of the section breaks?

Thanks,

Colonel Blip
E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com

With best regards, colblip. E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com

With best regards, colblip. E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com

Hello, !
You wrote on Sun, 5 Apr 2009 22:10:36 +0100:

t p1s1 - p10s2

t See Word Help for further information.

t --
t Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP