Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Macleatus Macleatus is offline

Default Where do I find the Product key?

Hello I am using Word, and everytime I open a document, I being prompted to
submitt a product key. Where I can find this? Word was automatically
installed when this computer was purchased. The packageing and pamphlets have
long been discarded. Please help me.
--
Thank you and god bless
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If Word was installed on the computer, then it is likely a trial version
that may well have expired. If you actually purchase Word or Office with the
machine, then it was foolish to discard the "packaging and pamphlets," as
the product key would have been on the packaging of the CD on which you
should have received Word/Office.

http://word.mvps.org

"Macleatus" wrote in message
news
Hello I am using Word, and everytime I open a document, I being prompted
submitt a product key. Where I can find this? Word was automatically
installed when this computer was purchased. The packageing and pamphlets
have
long been discarded. Please help me.
--
Thank you and god bless

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Macleatus Macleatus is offline

Thank you for your quick response. How do I know if I have a trial version of
Word. Is there a toll free number I can call where I can have some guided
assistance. I know this is not your fault but it seems very tedious, to have
to go through all these steps to use a program that I should have on my
computer. thanks again for your help.
--
Thank you and god bless

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If Word was installed on the computer, then it is likely a trial version
that may well have expired. If you actually purchase Word or Office with the
machine, then it was foolish to discard the "packaging and pamphlets," as
the product key would have been on the packaging of the CD on which you
should have received Word/Office.

http://word.mvps.org

"Macleatus" wrote in message
news
Hello I am using Word, and everytime I open a document, I being prompted
submitt a product key. Where I can find this? Word was automatically
installed when this computer was purchased. The packageing and pamphlets
have
long been discarded. Please help me.
--
Thank you and god bless

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I would suggest that your first recourse should be the vendor from whom you
purchased the computer; but unless you explicitly ordered Office or Word
with the system (and paid extra for it), I think you can assume it's the
trial version.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If Word was installed on the computer, then it is likely a trial version
that may well have expired. If you actually purchased Word or Office with
the
machine, then it was foolish to discard the "packaging and pamphlets," as
the product key would have been on the packaging of the CD on which you
should have received Word/Office.

http://word.mvps.org

"Macleatus" wrote in message
news
Hello I am using Word, and everytime I open a document, I being
prompted
submitt a product key. Where I can find this? Word was automatically
installed when this computer was purchased. The packageing and
pamphlets
have
long been discarded. Please help me.
--
Thank you and god bless

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I believe that if you go to Word | Options | Resources tab and click on
About (Microsoft Office Word 2007) the dialog will say who it is registered
to and the product code. If it doesn't, then it is a trial version.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If Word was installed on the computer, then it is likely a trial version
that may well have expired. If you actually purchase Word or Office with
the
machine, then it was foolish to discard the "packaging and pamphlets," as
the product key would have been on the packaging of the CD on which you
should have received Word/Office.

http://word.mvps.org

news