Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bewildered and Innocent Bewildered and Innocent is offline

Default How can I "unlock" paragraphs. Symbols include circle in square.

When I click paragraph symbol on tool bar, I see the structure of my
paragraph with all the symbols including a circle in a square which seems to
lock an entire paragraph. How can I remove that "lock" and proceed to
correct sentences in an included paragraph?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Bewildered and Innocent wrote:
When I click paragraph symbol on tool bar, I see the structure of my
paragraph with all the symbols including a circle in a square which
seems to lock an entire paragraph. How can I remove that "lock" and
proceed to correct sentences in an included paragraph?

That description doesn't match anything I can think of. Look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm to find out
whether it explains what you see.

You can also go to Tools Protect Document (in Word 2007, Review Protect
Document Restrict Formatting and Editing) to see whether some form of
protection has been applied to the document and turn it off.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman