Student123 Student123 is offline
Junior Member

Angry Adjusting margins has left me with some blank spaces at the end of some lines

Hello,

So I've decided to change margins in my essay and now I'm stuck with ugly blank spaces at the end of some lines. I'm attaching a photo to help you understand the problem.

Thanks in advance
Attached Images

kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student123 View Post
Hello,

So I've decided to change margins in my essay and now I'm stuck with ugly blank spaces at the end of some lines. I'm attaching a photo to help you understand the problem.

Thanks in advance
It looks like the lines around that one are justified while the line in question isn't? Is the document improved by highlighting the whole section and applying Justified to it?
Student123 Student123 is offline
Junior Member

Yes, the whole text is justified. I've tried the trick with replacing ^p with blank space and then justifying again, it works in some cases, but not always.
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student123 View Post
Yes, the whole text is justified. I've tried the trick with replacing ^p with blank space and then justifying again, it works in some cases, but not always.
There could be ^l as well as ^p. I've edited some docs which have what look like spaces, but when formats are unhidden, they appear to be degree symbols which aren't visible in a print view. ("°") That gums up my find/replace technique.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Adjusting margins has left me with some blank spaces at the endof some lines

"Degree symbol" means Non-Breaking Space (type Ctrl-Shift-Space). You can
simply delete it or select it and type over it with, say, a regular space.

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 3:31:05 PM UTC-4, kilroyscarnival wrote:
Student123;498311 Wrote:
Yes, the whole text is justified. I've tried the trick with replacing ^p
with blank space and then justifying again, it works in some cases, but
not always.

There could be ^l as well as ^p. I've edited some docs which have what
look like spaces, but when formats are unhidden, they appear to be
degree symbols which aren't visible in a print view. ("°") That gums up
my find/replace technique.

kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
"Degree symbol" means Non-Breaking Space (type Ctrl-Shift-Space). You can
simply delete it or select it and type over it with, say, a regular space.
Thank you! I knew it was a form of spacing, but couldn't remember which one.
Liss194 Liss194 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNeill View Post
I also have the same issue and I always encounter some problems with my writing works, because my skills are far from professionalism. Therefore, I pay attention to people who do this professionally and I try to follow their lead. I am looking for information on various blogs and forums, I can also read examples of the essay of other guys on various resources like this one for example delicious recipes https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-e...s/environment/ and there's usually something to learn, and I'm very inspired by people who can articulate their thoughts so well and clearly. This is a free source, information is freely available, which is very rare in our time.
thanks a lot for your recommendation Jeremy. That's the reason why we're all here - to learn and share.
i remember i had the same issue as OP and in whatever way i remember i managed to solve it. now i forgot.
thanks for link and anyone else - there's a lot to learn as i'm far from professional too

Last edited by Liss194 : May 13th 20 at 03:55 PM Reason: grammar
jones434 jones434 is offline
Banned

You can choose a different kind of writing help and it can be more helpful for doing any kind of online college course easily. I have tried to find out the best writing options with the https://www.stephilareine.com/2021/0...rch-paper.html site option where students can get the complete tips related to the writing work and you can get the best writing options in a good way through the online writing services.
catrinbrooks catrinbrooks is offline
Banned

Before writing this essay, I've done some research - https://www.tmcnet.com/topics/articl...hould-know.htm . This realization made me realize just how little time I had allotted to completing my university application documents during that same time period. Hire academic writers if you want to improve your grades. They may help you achieve your academic goals.

Last edited by catrinbrooks : April 28th 22 at 08:52 PM