Pooja

Default How do I set a line to show up in mirror margins in Word?

I wanted a line to apper in the outside margins of the page and set this as a
template. I tried news paper type columns, alternate borders on new sections
which started on new pages and even tried the click and draw but couldn't
achive the desired result.
Is there a way to this?
Stefan Blom

Choose FilePage Setup. Click the Layout tab. Select the option for
"Different odd and even" and click OK.

Use ViewHeader and Footer to activate the header area. Word indicates
whether you are in an odd page or even page header. With the cursor in
the header, draw a line (using the Drawing toolbar) where you want it.
When you are done, copy the line. Go to the other type of header and
paste the line.

Note that you can make use of the document grid (on the Drawing
toolbar, click Draw, and then click Grid) for exact positioning.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP