Connie

Default Word Mail Merge With Access

I have recently updated to Word 2003 and am having problems with mail merge.
I have parameter queries in Access that ask me for certain information. When
I try to create a mail merge document in Word, it does not recognize these
queries. Anyone have any insight into what the problem is?
--
Thanks,
Connie
Peter Jamieson

In Word 2003 you have to check Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversion at
open" then go through the connection process again and choose the DDE option
when offered.

Word 2000 and earlier used DDE to connect by default. It is the only method
that actually opens Access, and it is Access that displays the prompts for
parameter values. Word 2002 and later use the OLEDB connection method by
default, and since neither Word nor OLEDB has a mechanism to ask the
appropriate questions, parameter queries are not listed.

NB, you may also find that the parameter Window opens behind Word so you
don't realise it has been displayed and think that Word is still waiting to
connect to Access. You can Alt-tab to the parameter dialog box.

Peter Jamieson