Growler

Default Very Slow Copy and Paste

I also have had this slow paste problem for a few months now. I dont have a
solution but, do have more information.

I have Windows XP Home & Word 2002 from Works 2002 & it had worked fine for
over 1 year. I regularly update scan for viruses with NAV 2004 & use Ad
Aware SE to remove spyware.

I can still paste normally (a few seconds) from IE 6 text into WordPad.
When I try to paste into Word it takes several minutes (even if just pasting
text & no pictures)

This problem DOES NOT OCCUR if I paste from Netscape into Word!

The work-a-round has been to paste from IE into WordPad & then from WordPad
into Word (Yes, its an annoying waste of time.)

I have repaired Word through €śAdd/Remove Programs€ť in Control Panel €“no help.

I have tried shutting down NAV to see if this was causing delay -- perhaps
by NAV scanning for viruses as I pasted €“ no help.

Im out of ideas.

Growler

"Fred Allen" wrote:

I have Windows XP SP2 and Office XP SP3, when I try to do a cut or copy and
paste it takes forever for the paste to onto my Word document.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.