Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mocahantas

Default Balancing Columns

I'm using Word 2003. I've created a document that is over 100 pages in
newsletter-style column format. Is there a way to make the text balance on
each page of the document, so that the top line of each column, on each page,
is on the same line? The only thing I could find that relates to this is to
enter a continuous break at the end of the document, but that only seems to
balance the text on the page you insert the break on, not the whole document.
Any help would be appreciated -- I'm trying to make this document look as
professional as possible.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The only reason I can think of for the top lines NOT being even is that you
have used empty paragraphs to create space between lines. Instead, use Space
Before/After, which will automatically be suppressed at the top of a column
(unless you insert a manual page or column break, and there is a
Compatibility Option to suppress it then, too).

"Mocahantas" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003. I've created a document that is over 100 pages in
newsletter-style column format. Is there a way to make the text balance on
each page of the document, so that the top line of each column, on each

page,
is on the same line? The only thing I could find that relates to this is

enter a continuous break at the end of the document, but that only seems

balance the text on the page you insert the break on, not the whole

document.
Any help would be appreciated -- I'm trying to make this document look as
professional as possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mocahantas

I think I understand your suggestion. I'm going to work on re-formatting it
and see how that works. Thanks.