Bob Beveridge

Default Replace Formatting With Tags

Hi,

I am trying to find out if I can achieve the following. I need to replace
formatting such as bold and italics with UBB tags at the start and end of the
formatted words. The modified test is then pasted into a message on an
Internet Forum. For example if I had "some bold text" I want to end up with
"some bold text". I have tried various options using find & replace
but the nearest I can get to is to put tags around each individual character.
The end result works but it is very clumsy having so may tags. Is there a
way that I can find the start and end of each piece of formatted text.

Thanks in advance,

Bob Beveridge.
Graham Mayor

In the find what box type CTRL+B this will display format font bold - leave
the box empty
in the replace box enter [b]^&[\b] and if you want the resulting text not
bold type CTRL+B twice in the replace box to give format font not bold.
Repeat for italic (CTRL+I)