Paul

Default disappearing comments

Hi Folks

I added this as a question last week and got an answer back but
unfortunately it didn't solve the problem so I was wondering whether anyone
had any further ideas.

I have used the comments feature many times before without a problem.
However, on a current document while some Comments insert without a problem
for others in
the same document I get a Comment mark but no Comment balloon on the right
hand side in the margin (although I can add Comment text I just can't see
what I am typing unless I activate the reviewing pane). I should mention that
there aren't that many comments on a page so no reason to pile them up at the
end.
If I subsequently save the document and re-open then the comments are
suddenly visible as ballons. However, as soon as I click into the balloon to
edit the comments they again disappear.

This is not the first document that I have seen this happen - and its very
frustrating so any help would be fantastic
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

All I can suggest is that maybe your video driver is not up to par and
that is causing the problem.

However...as a good first troubleshooting technique, make sure your
TEMP folder is clear to ensure that you have enough resources to allow
your doc to display without strain.

If that doesn't help, then try tuning down your hardware accelerator
to give your video driver more power. If that works, it's a sign that
you should upgrade your video driver.

You'll find more details on these techniques in this article...

Maintaining Your Computer
http://www.mousetrax.com/maintain.html

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:35:13 -0700, "Paul"
wrote:

[...]

Paul

Thanks Dian

I've now tried all those suggestions but still no joy - and I'm using an IMB
T42 laptop which is pretty powerful. Guess I'll just have to put it down to
one of those things with Word!!