Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mc510

Default Footnote in text box?

Is it possible to footnote text that is inside of a text box?
"Insert-Reference-Footnote" is greyed out when my cursor is inside the text
box, so I can't see a way to do it ... but I really need to! I'd like for
the footnote reference to appear at the bottom of the page along with the
"regular" footnotes. (I'm using Word 2002 SP3.)
Thanks for any ideas!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert a footnote reference outside the text box, somewhere in the paragraph
that the text box is anchored to, and format the reference mark as Hidden.
In the text box itself, insert a Cross-reference to "Footnote number
(formatted)."

"mc510" wrote in message
Is it possible to footnote text that is inside of a text box?
"Insert-Reference-Footnote" is greyed out when my cursor is inside the

text
box, so I can't see a way to do it ... but I really need to! I'd like for
the footnote reference to appear at the bottom of the page along with the
"regular" footnotes. (I'm using Word 2002 SP3.)
Thanks for any ideas!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Also note that if you can use a frame instead of a text box (which in many
cases you can), you can insert a footnote reference in a frame.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert a footnote reference outside the text box, somewhere in the

paragraph
that the text box is anchored to, and format the reference mark as

Hidden.
In the text box itself, insert a Cross-reference to "Footnote number
(formatted)."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.