Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
c1225 c1225 is offline

Default Do master documents still exist?

I have many chapters in a manual, and would like to keep each chapter
separate. I used to work with master documents (i thought it was in Word,
but maybe not), which would pull in each sub-document when working with the
master. But each sub document could also be worked on as a separate doc.

Does this capabiltiy still exist. I don't want to have to pull in the 1000
page doc each time i want to do an update; for many reasons.
--
Thank you.