MP1985 MP1985 is offline
Junior Member

Default If Then Else = Fail

Never had this big a struggle with if then, but then I've never introduced a second variable.
This works fine and dandy:
{ IF { MERGEFIELD f3 } = "Y" "{ MERGEFIELD f18 }" "{ MERGEFIELD f2 }
(If party is a child, insert this name, if not insert that name).
It's when I go for two conditions to describe that it just will not pull...
(If party is a child, insert this name, if party is deceased, pull this name, if not insert that name).
{ IF { MERGEFIELD f3 } = "Y" "{ MERGEFIELD f18 }" { IF { MERGEFIELD f5 } = "Y" "{ MERGEFIELD f18 }" "{ MERGEFIELD f2 }" }
{ IF { MERGEFIELD f3 } = "Y" { IF { MERGEFIELD f5 } = "Y" "{ MERGEFIELD f18 }" "{ MERGEFIELD f2 }" }

I would ordinarily not put so many conditionals, but being able to accomplish these two situations will prevent my tired soul from having to create dozens of extra merge docs.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!
MP1985 MP1985 is offline
Junior Member

After much trial and error:

(If party is a child, insert this name, if party is deceased, insert this name, if not insert that name).

{ IF { MERGEFIELD f3 } = "Y" { MERGEFIELD f18 } { IF { MERGEFIELD f5 } = "Y" { MERGEFIELD f18 } { MERGEFIELD f2 } } }

Now onto changing a few dozen documents, better than twice as many!
Big_Dru Big_Dru is offline
Junior Member

Location: Canada

I tried to do as MP1985. I did it all.
aderycody34 aderycody34 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dru View Post
I tried to do as MP1985. I did it all.
thank you for the information, http://gmail-com-login.com/
neiljohanson neiljohanson is offline
Junior Member

You have posted a extremely detail document. I go through all of your article and I actually really like it, I understand your point of view.
usps tracking