Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jacko_bss jacko_bss is offline

Default Remove frame so that Word 2003 document returns to Print Layout vi

While attempting to add a frame to a graphic in a Word 2003 document, I
accidentally clicked "New Frame Left" on the Forms toolbar. Now, although the
document has been saved in Print Layout view, every time it is opened all 200
pages appear in Web Layout view. Although it is a simple matter to change the
view manually, is there a way to undo the "New Frame Left" command so that
the document will appear in Print Layout view whenever it is opened? No frame
is visible when the document is opened. The document prints okay in Web
Layout View although on the screen the text is pushed to the left. When
saved, the 20,442 KB file becomes a 22KB file.

I hope that someone can help. I have spent weeks searching the Internet for
a solution.

Regards,
Jacko
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As you have probably realised, frames from the Frames toolbar are intended
for web pages. If the frame you created is still associated with the
document, the delete frame button on the Frames toolbar will be available.
If you have removed it it will not. If the frame has been removed. Change
the view to print layout. Add a character to the document then delete it
then resave the document. The print layout view should then be retained.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

jacko_bss wrote:
While attempting to add a frame to a graphic in a Word 2003 document,
I accidentally clicked "New Frame Left" on the Forms toolbar. Now,
although the document has been saved in Print Layout view, every time
it is opened all 200 pages appear in Web Layout view. Although it is
a simple matter to change the view manually, is there a way to undo
the "New Frame Left" command so that the document will appear in
Print Layout view whenever it is opened? No frame is visible when the
document is opened. The document prints okay in Web Layout View
although on the screen the text is pushed to the left. When saved,
the 20,442 KB file becomes a 22KB file.

I hope that someone can help. I have spent weeks searching the
Internet for a solution.

Regards,
Jacko

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jacko_bss jacko_bss is offline

Default Remove frame so that Word 2003 document returns to Print Layou

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

I tried out your suggestion but it didn't make any difference. The delete
option in the frames menu remains faded, possibly because I have not clicked
on a frame. I haven't clicked on a frame because there is not one visible.

If I right click on the document, I am given the option "Save Current Frame
As..." and also the option "Frame Properties..." so the frame does exist. It
just can't be seen to click on.

jacko_bss wrote:
While attempting to add a frame to a graphic in a Word 2003 document,
I accidentally clicked "New Frame Left" on the Forms toolbar. Now,
although the document has been saved in Print Layout view, every time
it is opened all 200 pages appear in Web Layout view. Although it is
a simple matter to change the view manually, is there a way to undo
the "New Frame Left" command so that the document will appear in
Print Layout view whenever it is opened? No frame is visible when the
document is opened. The document prints okay in Web Layout View
although on the screen the text is pushed to the left. When saved,
the 20,442 KB file becomes a 22KB file.

I hope that someone can help. I have spent weeks searching the
Internet for a solution.

Regards,
Jacko

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See if the following macro will remove the frame from a COPY of the
document.

Sub DeleteFrames()
With ActiveWindow
For i = 2 To .Panes.Count
.Panes(i).Frameset.Delete
.View.Type = wdPrintView
Next i
End With
End Sub

jacko_bss wrote:
While attempting to add a frame to a graphic in a Word 2003
document, I accidentally clicked "New Frame Left" on the Forms
toolbar. Now, although the document has been saved in Print Layout
view, every time it is opened all 200 pages appear in Web Layout
view. Although it is a simple matter to change the view manually,
is there a way to undo the "New Frame Left" command so that the
document will appear in Print Layout view whenever it is opened? No
frame is visible when the document is opened. The document prints
okay in Web Layout View although on the screen the text is pushed
to the left. When saved, the 20,442 KB file becomes a 22KB file.

I hope that someone can help. I have spent weeks searching the
Internet for a solution.

Regards,
Jacko

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout