Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe Joe is offline

Default Grammar checker

How do I set up grammar checker in Word2007 for scholarly documents? Previous
versions of Word (and WordPerfect) have greater functionality and scalabilty
than what is found in Word2007. We need to use it for producing a doctoral
dissertation.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you click the Settings... button in Office Button | Word Options |
Proofing, you can select specific types of grammar errors you want marked.

http://word.mvps.org

"Joe" wrote in message
How do I set up grammar checker in Word2007 for scholarly documents?
Previous
versions of Word (and WordPerfect) have greater functionality and
scalabilty
than what is found in Word2007. We need to use it for producing a doctoral
dissertation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word options Proofing When correcting spelling and grammar in Word
Settings button. Also take a look at choices in the When correcting
spelling in MS Office programs section

Joe wrote:
How do I set up grammar checker in Word2007 for scholarly documents? Previous
versions of Word (and WordPerfect) have greater functionality and scalabilty
than what is found in Word2007. We need to use it for producing a doctoral
dissertation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The grammar checker should only ever be used as a rough guide to grammar.
Computerised grammar checkers can never adapt to the complexity of the
language. Treat with caution!

Joe wrote:
How do I set up grammar checker in Word2007 for scholarly documents?
Previous versions of Word (and WordPerfect) have greater
functionality and scalabilty than what is found in Word2007. We need
to use it for producing a doctoral dissertation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe Joe is offline

"Joe" wrote in message
How do I set up grammar checker in Word2007 for scholarly documents?
Previous
versions of Word (and WordPerfect) have greater functionality and
scalabilty
than what is found in Word2007. We need to use it for producing a doctoral
dissertation.

Thanks Suzanne; however, I cannot find the scalability previously found in Works 7.0. I bought Word 2007 at CompUSA. Does MS make refunds?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I haven't done a line by line comparison, but the grammar settings seem to be
the same as the are in W2003. Contextual spelling is new, though, and helpful.

To find out about refunds, you need to contact someone from Microsoft.

PamC

Joe wrote:
Thanks Pam; however, I cannot find the scalability previously found in Works
7.0. I bought Word 2007 at CompUSA. Does MS make refunds?

Word options Proofing When correcting spelling and grammar in Word
Settings button. Also take a look at choices in the When correcting

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]