Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Maanu Maanu is offline

Default Copy row Properties

I have changed the first row properties of a table to make it the table
header. I changed its color to grey and changed font to verdana + bold.

I want to change the first row properties of all other tables(around 200
tables) in the document in the same way. I used paste special functionality
to chage the row properties of all other tables. But nothing happened.

Is there any meachanisms for doing this?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could use a macro to format the tables

The following will format all the first rows to have a 25% grey background
and Verdana Bold font

Dim oDoc As Document
Dim oTable As Table
Set oDoc = ActiveDocument
On Error Resume Next
For Each oTable In ActiveDocument.Tables
With oTable.Rows(1).Range
.Font.Name = "Verdana"
.Bold = True
.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorGray25
End With
Next oTable

This will work provided none of the first rows have vertically merged cells.
Tables that have such merged header cells will be ignored.