Jazz

Default Find and Replace GREEK symbols in XP, 2K & 97

In MS Word XP - for that matter 2K and 97 --

Using Greek symbols in a scientific paper - long doc - need to use find and
replace for multiple reasons -

Find and replace does not allow for entering greek symbols into the FIND
field. It is not listed under special or format menus on the expanded FIND
dialog box. Cannot paste into that field either

Does anyone know how the find & replace commands can be utilized with greek
symbols.

Klaus Linke

Cannot paste into that field either

Yes you can :-)

Ctrl+V

Regards,
Klaus
Jazz

I want to thank you - I really should have thought to try the keyboard
shortcut - I know better than that - so wrap me on the knuckles!

Kudos and many thanks to you!!!!

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

Cannot paste into that field either

Yes you can :-)

Ctrl+V

Regards,
Klaus

Klaus Linke

Cannot paste into that field either
=20
Yes you can :-)
=20
Ctrl+V

"Jazz" wrote:
I want to thank you - I really should have thought to try the keyboard =

shortcut - I know better than that - so wrap me on the knuckles!

WRAPPP/

Done! g

Pasting symbols into "Find what" doesn't always find them in Word2000 =
(and in other versions if you also specify the symbol font). If you run =
into that, post back, or google around.
Regular Greek letters from some regular font like Arial or Times New =
Roman aren't ever a problem... which is one reason to prefer them over =
those from the "Symbol" font.

Klaus

Problem with function "Find and Replace" in Word. Pat Microsoft Word Help 3 March 16th 05 02:04 PM
Find and Replace Michael R New Users 11 January 22nd 05 06:31 PM
Find and Replace Locks Up Word Karine Rivet Formatting Long Documents 1 January 22nd 05 07:21 AM
Find and Replace anomaly BruceM Microsoft Word Help 7 January 18th 05 06:47 PM
find and replace symbols Tewodaj New Users 8 January 11th 05 03:22 AM