brentlight

Default Mail merge freeze up

I am running Office XP, and I am attempting to do a mail merge in Microsoft
Word to print labels from a database that contains nearly 8000 entries. I am
able to get as far as the "mail merge recipients" dialog box, but when I
click any of the buttons at the top of the list in order to sort the
recipients, the program freezes. I have tried anything I can think of. Any
help is greatly appreciated.