Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Weidner Jim Weidner is offline

Default Every time I start a new line, it begins with a capital. Why?

Whenever I hit "enter" for a new line, it begins with a capital, even if it
is not a new sentence. This happens in Word and Outlook (and probably other
programs). How do I prevent them from doing so and get it to make a cap only
when I use "shift"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word is this? If Word 2007, click the Office button, Word
Options, Proofing tab, AutoCorrect Options, AutoCorrect tab, and remove the
check next to Capitalize first letter of sentences.

As you've seen... Word isn't brilliant at knowing what a sentence is. When
you type something following a paragraph break, Word infers that you're
typing a new sentence.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Jim Weidner" Jim wrote in message
Whenever I hit "enter" for a new line, it begins with a capital, even if
it
is not a new sentence. This happens in Word and Outlook (and probably
other
programs). How do I prevent them from doing so and get it to make a cap
only
when I use "shift"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Word assumes that you would want a capital letter at the beginning of a new
paragraph - which is what you get when you hit Enter. You can switch this off
in Tools | Autocorrect options and unchecking the option to capitalize first
letter of sentences.
--
Rae Drysdale