Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Labels - Sparco Brand Labels - Sparco Brand is offline

Default How do I use Word for Sparco Brand Labels?

Sparco Brand labels instructs to "Select MAILABL.DOT template after choosing
"New from the file menu".

I don't find MAILABL.DOT after doing so.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I use Word for Sparco Brand Labels?

Steps to find the MAILABL.DOT template for Sparco Brand Labels in Word:
  1. Download and install the Sparco Brand Labels template onto your computer.
  2. Open Microsoft Word.
  3. Click on "File" in the top left corner of the screen.
  4. Select "New" from the dropdown menu.
  5. In the search bar at the top of the screen, type "MAILABL.DOT" and hit enter.
  6. If the template is installed correctly, it should appear in the search results. Click on it to open a new document using the template.
  7. If you still can't find the MAILABL.DOT template, try searching for it in your computer's file explorer. It's possible that the template was installed in a different location than the default templates folder for Word.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can do to assist you.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are these labels ancient? MAILLABL.DOT (the correct name) dates back to at
least Word 6.0 (as can be gathered from the 8.3 filename). The template
contained a macro that generated a label layout based on information entered
in a sort of wizard.

According to the Word 2.0 User's Guide:

"For any of these activities [creating and printing single or multiple
labels], you specify the type of printer you're using and the type of
mailing label sheet on which you intend to print the labels. In asking you
to specify the type of mailing label sheet, Word assumes you are using Avery
mailing labels and prompts you for the product number of the sheet type. If
you're using another brand, you may find an equivalent Avery product number
printed on the mailing label sheet; this is the number you should use."

The same is still true in current versions. In Tools | Letters and Mailings
| Envelopes and Labels | Labels | Options, you select the appropriate Avery
equivalent from the "Avery standard" list. If the label package doesn't
indicate an Avery equivalent, you will have to hunt by trial and error
through the label definitions. Sparco is not a brand listed even under
Other/Custom, so you'll have to measure your labels and then hunt for some
(I'd suggest looking in the Avery Standard list, since it's the most
extensive) that are the same size.

wrote in message ...
Sparco Brand labels instructs to "Select MAILABL.DOT template after

choosing
"New from the file menu".

I don't find MAILABL.DOT after doing so.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jadenblack jadenblack is offline

Labels - Sparco Brand;7017422 Wrote:
Sparco Brand labels instructs to "Select MAILABL.DOT template after
choosing
"New from the file menu".

I don't find MAILABL.DOT after doing so.

*Use Avery Template 8167*

--
jadenblack