Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
scorp3700 scorp3700 is offline

Default Customized toolbar changes disappear

Does anyone out there have any idea why my toolbar changes won't stay. I
have acrobat 6.0, not 7. I downloaded the acrobat updates anyway. I have
tried using the "save all" and that does not work. Our server crashed and
ever since the new one was installed, no one in my office can save the
toolbar changes. I searched for a "normal.dot" file but all I could find
that was even close was a normal.fmt file. In the toolbar customize "save
in" drop down menu, it just says "normal" with no file extension. My toolbar
changes will stay for a while, even for a few days sometimes, and then it
seems Word closes out somehow and when I open it, the changes are gone.
Please help????
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?c2NvcnAzNzAw?=,

Does anyone out there have any idea why my toolbar changes won't stay. I
have acrobat 6.0, not 7. I downloaded the acrobat updates anyway. I have
tried using the "save all" and that does not work. Our server crashed and
ever since the new one was installed, no one in my office can save the
toolbar changes. I searched for a "normal.dot" file but all I could find
that was even close was a normal.fmt file. In the toolbar customize "save
in" drop down menu, it just says "normal" with no file extension. My toolbar
changes will stay for a while, even for a few days sometimes, and then it
seems Word closes out somehow and when I open it, the changes are gone.
Please help????

I think you need to ask your network administration about this. Possibly, the
configuration has changed that has put your Normal.dot in a read-only location,
for example.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org