Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DTFwriter DTFwriter is offline

Default Is it possible to design a font based on my own writing?

I am making an album. I want to caption it in a font based on my own writing.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are no tools in Word that can do this.You might take a look he

http://www.fontgod.com/

Note: I have no interest in that company. I just now discovered them by
Googling.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"DTFwriter" wrote in message
I am making an album. I want to caption it in a font based on my own
writing.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you know someone with a Tablet PC, there's a "Powertoy for Tablet PC"
tool called My Font Tool for Tablet PC that lets you capture handwritten
letters and converts them into fonts.

I wouldn't exactly call that "designing a font", though, as the tool doesn't
help you form the letters so they join up nicely and so on.

Peter Jamieson
"DTFwriter" wrote in message
I am making an album. I want to caption it in a font based on my own
writing.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DTFwriter DTFwriter is offline

Thanks, I'll try that.
I appreciate your response.
DTFwriter

"DTFwriter" wrote in message
I am making an album. I want to caption it in a font based on my own
writing.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:10:03 -0700, DTFwriter
wrote:

I am making an album. I want to caption it in a font based on my own writing.
Is this possible?

The current issue of PC Magazine has an article on this:

They're recommending a $79 program. I don't know whether you'll think
it's worth that much to you.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DTFwriter DTFwriter is offline

Thanks. I got that info as well from another source. I think it's called
fontgod.
Anyway, I'll check out the pc world article. Thanks for your input.
Donna Fontana

design job log job log Page Layout 1 February 11th 07 04:09 PM
How to design labels - e.g. centering text / font / colour? cikko2621 Microsoft Word Help 8 September 25th 06 09:27 PM
OT Design Books jon_banquer Formatting Long Documents 3 May 23rd 06 11:24 PM
bar ground design drbak New Users 1 October 22nd 05 06:12 PM
design document with built in styles for training design KIT Microsoft Word Help 0 June 30th 05 01:10 PM