Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Miguel Reparation Miguel Reparation is offline

Default Opening email attachments with "docx" suffix?

I've tried to send email attachments of Word 2003 documents. When opening
these up, the documents have a "docx" suffix and hotmail.com (and other
email) can't
open them. What do I need to do? Thanks in advance!
--
Miguel R.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If Word adds a docx suffix you are not saving in Word 2003 format but Word
2007 format. To open such documents you need either Word 2007 or the
compatibility pack
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx
The probable reason is trying to mail out of Word 2007 instead of saving the
document in the required format and attaching it to an e-mail message.

Miguel Reparation wrote:
I've tried to send email attachments of Word 2003 documents. When
opening these up, the documents have a "docx" suffix and hotmail.com
(and other email) can't
open them. What do I need to do? Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Click the Office button (looks like a pizza top left of the Word screen)
then SaveAs Word 97-2003