Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default email merge

This does not seem to be normal behaviour. No matter how the Excel data is
connected to the mail merge, e-mail addresses are reproduced correctly.
Check your data.

I have crossposted this reply to the mail merge forum in case anyone there
has seen a similar problem.

biffula wrote:
I have an email contact list in excel. I want to do a mail merge in
word using these contacts. When I go to complete the merge, the
email addresses dont work. The @ symbol and the . symbol get
eliminated ane thus dont work. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
biffula biffula is offline

Other than looking at my data, ie the email addresses, which are fine, I dont
know what else to check. I am not actually merging any info into the
document, just sending the same doc out to everyone in the excel contact
list. The only data in the excel file is the email addresses. Everything
looks great until actually completing the merge, then when I look at the
first email address, it has omitted the '@' and the '.' symbols.

biffula wrote:
I have an email contact list in excel. I want to do a mail merge in
word using these contacts. When I go to complete the merge, the
email addresses dont work. The @ symbol and the . symbol get
eliminated ane thus dont work. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Merging to e-mail has been a problem for some users for a while, but I have
just tested using a similar format as a source and the merge worked
perfectly. It's difficult to advise when I can't reproduce the problem

Try exporting the Excel file to a Word table and see if you have any better
success with that. Word has fewer problems with Word tables than with Excel.
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm will help with the
mechanics.

biffula wrote:
I have an email contact list in excel. I want to do a mail merge in
word using these contacts. When I go to complete the merge, the
email addresses dont work. The @ symbol and the . symbol get
eliminated ane thus dont work. Any suggestions?

merge a single email to all the email address for a contact Tony Mailmerge 1 July 25th 06 04:56 AM
My Email Mail Merge Does Not Work zombeese Mailmerge 0 May 19th 06 02:10 PM
Email merge not working TC Mailmerge 1 January 6th 06 06:48 AM
How do I attach a document in an Outlook email merge? M1031 Mailmerge 2 May 16th 05 07:21 PM
email a mail merge Dan Mailmerge 2 March 10th 05 10:06 PM