Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Wraithchilde Wraithchilde is offline

Default Selective page printing?

Ok, here's what I'm trying to do. I have a mail merge that includes 3 copies
of the letter. One is for the customer, one is for the sales rep and one is
for filing. In some cases there is no sales rep so I'm trying to
automatically remove page 2 (the sales rep copy) if there is no rep (based on
a merge field).

Has anyone ever done something like this? I'm pretty good with VBA but I'm
not sure I can use that here. I've not fooled with mail merge very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If the letters are identical, I would use VBA to check the record in the
datasource for an entry in the sale rep field and print three copies if
there is one and only two if the field is blank.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Wraithchilde" wrote in message
Ok, here's what I'm trying to do. I have a mail merge that includes 3
copies
of the letter. One is for the customer, one is for the sales rep and one
is
for filing. In some cases there is no sales rep so I'm trying to
automatically remove page 2 (the sales rep copy) if there is no rep (based
on
a merge field).

Has anyone ever done something like this? I'm pretty good with VBA but I'm
not sure I can use that here. I've not fooled with mail merge very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Wraithchilde Wraithchilde is offline

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately they aren't all the same.

What I finally ended up doing was putting the entire rep copy of the letter
into a field that only shows it if the rep number has a value. That way there
is nothing to print if there is no rep.