Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bruce_hogman@alumni.hamilton.edu is offline

Default DISPLAY FILE PATH IN WORD 2007?

How do I display the full file path in Word 2007 when editing the same named
document in two sessions, where those documents reside on two separate
servers or paths?

Word 2003 provided the VIEW, TOOLBARS, WEB menu selection choices to show
the full file path and name. That made it very easy to know which document
you were working with, as well as to make it very easy to insert a document
into email as an attachment.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See the reply in the other thread.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

" wrote:

How do I display the full file path in Word 2007 when editing the same named
document in two sessions, where those documents reside on two separate
servers or paths?

Word 2003 provided the VIEW, TOOLBARS, WEB menu selection choices to show
the full file path and name. That made it very easy to know which document
you were working with, as well as to make it very easy to insert a document
into email as an attachment.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Roll Gary Roll is offline

I can't seem to find the other thread, can you direct me to that or provide
the solution? I would like to be able to display the full file path in Word
and Excel

Thanks!

" wrote:

How do I display the full file path in Word 2007 when editing the same named
document in two sessions, where those documents reside on two separate
servers or paths?

Word 2003 provided the VIEW, TOOLBARS, WEB menu selection choices to show
the full file path and name. That made it very easy to know which document
you were working with, as well as to make it very easy to insert a document
into email as an attachment.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Display it where? In the title bar?

You need a macro saved in the normal template

Word 2007:

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub

Excel 2007:
Ask in an Excel forum

" wrote:

How do I display the full file path in Word 2007 when editing the
same named document in two sessions, where those documents reside
on two separate servers or paths?

Word 2003 provided the VIEW, TOOLBARS, WEB menu selection choices
to show the full file path and name. That made it very easy to
know which document you were working with, as well as to make it
very easy to insert a document into email as an attachment.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see
the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the
Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the
message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Roll[_2_] Gary Roll[_2_] is offline

The macro does accomplish what I was looking for, thanks for providing that.

Word 2003 has an option to display a Web menu toolbar which would
automatically display the full file name path as one of the toolbars if
selected. I was looking for an equivalent in Word 2007, but have not been
able to find that. It's easy enough to run the macro if you want to have that
info, but the old option was nice in that it displayed automatically as part
of the Web toolbar.

" wrote:

How do I display the full file path in Word 2007 when editing the
same named document in two sessions, where those documents reside
on two separate servers or paths?

Word 2003 provided the VIEW, TOOLBARS, WEB menu selection choices
to show the full file path and name. That made it very easy to
know which document you were working with, as well as to make it
very easy to insert a document into email as an attachment.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see
the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the
Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the
message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The "other thread" that Stefan referred to was in fact the beginning of this
thread back on July 22, to which I replied with the answer you're looking for:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d213cd8c3f242f

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman