Edwin

Default Document Map: right click to show levels GONE

I use Office Professional 2003. Last week, all of a sudden, right clicking on
the document map stopped bringing up the context-sensitive menu that allows
me to "show x level(s)" (1 through 9 or so). I started getting a lot of
errors and shut downs in Word at that time. I have since re-installed Office
and the program runs fine now but the right click menu in the document map
still doesn't work.

Help please. Any ideas....

Thanks
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RWR3aW4=?=,

I use Office Professional 2003. Last week, all of a sudden, right clicking on
the document map stopped bringing up the context-sensitive menu that allows
me to "show x level(s)" (1 through 9 or so). I started getting a lot of
errors and shut downs in Word at that time. I have since re-installed Office
and the program runs fine now but the right click menu in the document map
still doesn't work.

I can think of two things you can try, but no guarantees that either will work:

1. Rename Normal.dot to NormalOLD.dot, then start up Word and test in a new
document.

2. Delete the DATA key for Word in the Registry. You'll find info and
instructions on the word.mvps.org site.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org