Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jaime Jaime is offline

Default Word needs a "Create Book" option to store similar documents toget

I have many Word documents on the same subject that I would like to better
organize (not just in the same directory). I'd like to see a "Create Book"
or "Add to Book..." button that lets me store similar documents under one
book. You can even name it "Create Binder" or something.

Every Word document within the book would have its own tab somewhere for
easy access, kind of like the worksheets in Excel. It can be made to look
like chapters if you'd like. For example, a book can be called "SMS
Infrastructure" with various documents inside it (that look like tabs or
chapters). One chapter would be "All Server Names", another "All Assigned
Boundaries", another "SMS Installation Instructions"... you get the point.

That would be easier since I would have one book to open for everything
relating to that topic instead of multiple individual documents floating all
over the hard drive.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Martha Martha is offline

I totally agree with you. I have about 6 slightly modified versions of my
resume on my computer at home. I am constantly going through them to try to
figure out which version is most pertinent to the job I am applying for.
Also, at work, there are certain monthly/annual documents that it would be
nice to just created new tabs for.

I know I'm dreaming, but I would also like this to be a free, downloadable
upgrade...

"Jaime" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unfortunately not all software is free. Free gets you the basics. If you
want more functions, you have to break out the wallet.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jaime" wrote:

[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.