DJK

Default Word 2003 (ver 11 OK?) Save Desktop, Workspace or View

Hi, I would like to Save my Word Desktop, or Workspace or layout view or
whatever it may be called. (In TurboCAD its Called Save Desktop on Exit)
Works used to have the Save Workspace on Exit. Does Word have a way to have
new documents open with the same setup it had when you last closed it. My
exit with my view zoomed to 100% but it opens at 46% the next time. Certain
toolbars have to be relaunched each time. I'd like to just have it all set
up like I do with TurboCAD or other programs but I don't know what it would
be called in Word.

Please don't reply if you just want to 'play tech support' and don't know
what you are talking about ok? Please. Thanks

DJK

Hi! Thanks!! After I wrote I mess around some more and Figured out how to
do it on my own. It works great now. It's hinged around modifiying the
Normal Template

Thanks

Dave

"DJK" wrote in message
Hi, I would like to Save my Word Desktop, or Workspace or layout view or
whatever it may be called. (In TurboCAD its Called Save Desktop on Exit)
Works used to have the Save Workspace on Exit. Does Word have a way to

have
new documents open with the same setup it had when you last closed it. My
exit with my view zoomed to 100% but it opens at 46% the next time.

Certain
toolbars have to be relaunched each time. I'd like to just have it all

set
up like I do with TurboCAD or other programs but I don't know what it

would
be called in Word.

Please don't reply if you just want to 'play tech support' and don't know
what you are talking about ok? Please. Thanks

Oh, I guess you were looking for nothing more than
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm, which is different
from saving the "workspace."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no way to do this in Word.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DJK" wrote in message
[...]

DJK

Hi, Cute article you have there but my situation was well beyond that. I got
it taken care of after I wrote. I was reluctant to use the word Workspace do
to it's associationg with SharePoint. Word does what I want it to now, Word
will do what you said it can't do.
I had saw you posted again to tell someone what they just had access to
Function Key Display wasn't in Word 2003, and you wanted to know what version
they had. It doesn't matter they had it and you were wanting to play tech
support. At the end of the post it Says, Don't reply if you just want to play
tech support Please. But you did it anyway and you don't know what you are
talking about. Don't do that to people!