Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bremser Bremser is offline

Default Word 2003 copy and paste to Excel causes undesirable format change

I'm simply trying to copy the second page of contract text into an excel
file. Word won't allow me to copy the numbering in the document. When I
paste into Excel the numbering reverts to "1" instead of the "5" that it
should start with.

If I could copy the thumbnail view (as you can in PowerPoint), then this
would be easy.

Any ideas!? Thanks!

Bremser
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word is not a page layout application and the page numbers dynamically
represent the position in the document where the field currently appears.
Remove the page from its location in Word and the page field reports its new
position.