Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] garmen_18@hotmail.com is offline

Default email merge

Dear all

I am trying to email merge a couple of documents in Microsoft Word
2002, but it seems that it doesn't work as expected.

In order to make the whole process easier I am using the HTML format,
but for some reason, the documents are not directed to my Microsoft
Outlook outbox as they should.

To make this thing even more odd, I have tried with the different
formats like "plain text" and as "an attachement" and it works, but an
annoying popup window comes up asking me for permittion to send it for
each email address I am email merging.

Is there anyone who can give me some idea why the HTML format is not
working and any methods to put it working as expected?

Thank you very much for reading this and your williness to help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

but for some reason, the documents are not directed to my Microsoft
Outlook outbox as they should.

Several people have reported that HTML mails just disappear, but I've only
seen one explanation, specifically that the problem went away when a COM
Addin called "bxAutoZip" was (temporarily) disabled - see Outlook
Tools|Options|Other|Advanced Options|COM Addins. It may be that other
add-ins also cause this problem. If that is the problem, it would be helpful
if you could post back and tell us which add-in was the cause. If it isn't,
I don't know how to solve this one.

To make this thing even more odd, I have tried with the different
formats like "plain text" and as "an attachement" and it works, but an
annoying popup window comes up asking me for permittion to send it for
each email address I am email merging.

Yes, this is a "security" feature. To fix this, you can download a (free)
utility called "Express ClickYes" utility from

http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
ps.com...
Dear all

I am trying to email merge a couple of documents in Microsoft Word
2002, but it seems that it doesn't work as expected.

In order to make the whole process easier I am using the HTML format,
but for some reason, the documents are not directed to my Microsoft
Outlook outbox as they should.

To make this thing even more odd, I have tried with the different
formats like "plain text" and as "an attachement" and it works, but an
annoying popup window comes up asking me for permittion to send it for
each email address I am email merging.

Is there anyone who can give me some idea why the HTML format is not
working and any methods to put it working as expected?

Thank you very much for reading this and your williness to help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
garmen garmen is offline

Dear Peter Jamieson

In answer to your reply, I have checked the Outlook
Tools|Options|Other|Advanced Options|COM Addins, and there was nothing
in there. I don't know exactly what should be in that option, but in
that option no information was in there. The strange about it is that
at college it works as it should, but both at work and home, it just
doesn't.

Thanks for your reply, and I am sorry I took long to reply to you. The
reason for such is that I am new to these things and I thought I would
be informed by email that someone has replied to me!

If you have any ideas about my current problem, let me know!

Many thanks
Garmen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As you have no control over the way in which the recipient views the email,
and most astute users will have their mail program set up to view in plain
text mode, you would be advised to send the document as an attachment.

The article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

provided information on how to avoid the security warning that you mention
and if you want to create the individual documents from the mailmerge, See
the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file (in PDF format if
required) with a filename taken from a field in the data source with a
minimum of fuss.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"garmen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear Peter Jamieson

In answer to your reply, I have checked the Outlook
Tools|Options|Other|Advanced Options|COM Addins, and there was nothing
in there. I don't know exactly what should be in that option, but in
that option no information was in there. The strange about it is that
at college it works as it should, but both at work and home, it just
doesn't.

Thanks for your reply, and I am sorry I took long to reply to you. The
reason for such is that I am new to these things and I thought I would
be informed by email that someone has replied to me!

If you have any ideas about my current problem, let me know!

Many thanks
Garmen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
garmen garmen is offline

Thanks Doug Robbins for the information provided in order to solve my
current problem in Microsoft Word email merge.

One more thing to ask. If I opt for sending the information by
attachment is there any way of creating a general body message and then
the individual attachment? Currently the recipients receive an email
with the subject line and an attachment but with no body message, which
is not really nice.

Any suggestions will be welcome!

Yours sincerely
Garmen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

That can be done with the "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"garmen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Doug Robbins for the information provided in order to solve my
current problem in Microsoft Word email merge.

One more thing to ask. If I opt for sending the information by
attachment is there any way of creating a general body message and then
the individual attachment? Currently the recipients receive an email
with the subject line and an attachment but with no body message, which
is not really nice.

Any suggestions will be welcome!

Yours sincerely
Garmen

My Email Mail Merge Does Not Work zombeese Mailmerge 0 May 19th 06 02:10 PM
selecting an email account for email merge? Terryl Mailmerge 1 February 1st 06 04:57 AM
Email merge not working TC Mailmerge 1 January 6th 06 06:48 AM
How do I attach a document in an Outlook email merge? M1031 Mailmerge 2 May 16th 05 07:21 PM
email a mail merge Dan Mailmerge 2 March 10th 05 10:06 PM