Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AJB AJB is offline

Default Page numbering

I'm trying to number the pages on a word document but need the pages to skip
the number sequence since I have other documents that will go in between
these pages. For example, the word document that I have is 5 pages long. I
have hard copies of other documents that I will be inserting into the word
document, or pages 2, 3 and 4 so I need the 5 page word document to be
numbered page 1 (1st page) and the last 4 pages page #5 through 8. Is there
a way to insert the page numbers with breaks in between? The problem I'm
running into is that the page numbers keep senting from page 1 to page 5, and
from page 5 to page 9, but I need the 1stpage of the word document to be page
#1 and the last 4 pages of the document to be pages 5-8. Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Unless you use a section break, you could add the extra blank pages and then
print only what you want by keying 1,5-8 in the pages part of the print
dialogue box. Does this help?
--
Rae Drysdale

#1 and the last 4 pages of the document to be pages 5-8. Thank you!