Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bluebonnet Bluebonnet is offline

Default Top margin appearing wrong on screen

All of a sudden, when I open a blank document, it looks like there's no top
margin, no matter which view I'm in. If I do a print preview from the File
menu, I see that the margin is there, but in normal view, print layout view,
etc., the type is right up at the top. The only way I've found to correct it
(which I discovered quite by accident) is to go to View and turn on the
Headers & Footers view, then close the Headers & Footers toolbar that pops
up. Only then does the text appear in the right place. (Even though I
haven't done anything but open & close the Header & Footer view). I've tried
replacing my normal.dot template (deleting it according to the instructions
by running a search and right-clicking to open the actual template. I still
get the same problem. Please, does anyone know what I've done here and how I
can fix it???? This is most annoying.. Thanks so much for any help you can
give me...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bluebonnet Bluebonnet is offline

Suzanne,
Thanks so much--worked like a charm!!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Amazing how disconcerting this simple problem can be. The Word MVPs
requested that the toggle be changed from click to Ctrl+click in Word 2007,
and I believe that has been done.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

newsgroup so