Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Theresa Theresa is offline

Default Easy to read fonts - small

I'm trying to create a catalog in Publisher and I need a font and size that
is small but easy to read once completed? Please advise...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

How small and do you want a serif or sans serif font? Trebuchet MS is quite
clear at size 8.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Theresa" wrote:

I'm trying to create a catalog in Publisher and I need a font and size that
is small but easy to read once completed? Please advise...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Theresa Theresa is offline

Great .. I original did it in Agency FB size 8. It was only ok eye catching
...... but I wanted to try something else. Glad to see your response. I will
try the serif and sans to see what they look like.

"Theresa" wrote:

I'm trying to create a catalog in Publisher and I need a font and size that
is small but easy to read once completed? Please advise...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Sans serif fonts are fonts that are very plain without 'feet'. Arial is sans
serif as is Trebuchet MS and Agency. Serif fonts have little 'feet' along the
bottom as Times New Roman. The little 'feet' are called serifs and sans is
French for 'without' so sans serif means without serifs. Supposedly serif
fonts are easier to read on paper and sans serif when projected. However when
you get quite small the serifs can make the font look cluttered and harder to
read. Another thing is that some fonts come in condensed form which means
they are quite thin in width and therefore don't take up much space across
the page. With a condensed font you can usually use it at a larger size. Hope
this helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Theresa" wrote:

I'm trying to create a catalog in Publisher and I need a font and size that
is small but easy to read once completed? Please advise...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Theresa Theresa is offline

Thanks this is something new that I had now idea about (letters with little
feet)! But if you had to recommend a font for me to use that is pretty
decent (Out of the many that I have to choose from) what would the font be?
I just want the catalog to be small so that I can get as much text on the
page as possible. However when I go to print I would like my customers to be
able to read the text also... Tell me what you think ..... if you had to pick
a font which would it be?

"Theresa" wrote:

I'm trying to create a catalog in Publisher and I need a font and size that
is small but easy to read once completed? Please advise...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Why don't you try printing out some sample text in a variety of fonts
(including those suggested earlier) in the size you propose to use and see
what looks best to you?

"Theresa" wrote:

I'm trying to create a catalog in Publisher and I need a font and

size that
is small but easy to read once completed? Please advise...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Choosing a font is always difficult. I would keep it simple and use something
like Berlin Sans FB or Gill Sans MT. Be careful that you don't put too much
text on the page and that you leave white space which allows the publication
to 'breathe' and is somewhere to rest the eyes. Documents that are heavy with
text are a chore to read and put readers off. Not something you want to do
with a catalogue especially.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Theresa" wrote:

I'm trying to create a catalog in Publisher and I need a font and size that
is small but easy to read once completed? Please advise...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Theresa Theresa is offline

Thanks for this Rae! This was the information that I was looking for to get
me on the right track ... I now think that I have enough information to move
forward on my project. This was a great help!

"Theresa" wrote:

I'm trying to create a catalog in Publisher and I need a font and size that
is small but easy to read once completed? Please advise...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Theresa Theresa is offline

Thanks Suzane I did do this also but I got a bit overwelmed because they all
started to look alike after while. Therefore the help I proposed was more
for guidance on you alls ideas of what's more affective and easy on the eyes
to the readers.