Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
robinb robinb is offline

Default Numbering (Styles)

I am re-formatting Specifications to match a requested format that my client
wants. I have a few questions...

1. What reveal code or option allows you to track which numbering scheme is
being used in any style?

2. Is there some way to make a single outline numbering scheme available to
all styles in a a document?

3. Is there a company (or MS) that I can pay to come do some one-on-one
training for styles? This is a constant struggle with our large documents and
I really want to be trained on this. I am in N. California?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

"RobinB" wrote in message
I am re-formatting Specifications to match a requested format that my
client
wants. I have a few questions...

1. What reveal code or option allows you to track which numbering scheme
is
being used in any style?

Select the style in the Style Definition pane, select modify, select Bullets
and Numbering. Note also that the style pane *displays* the style with its
numbering. (Word doesn't have 'reveal codes'.)

2. Is there some way to make a single outline numbering scheme available
all styles in a a document?

No.

3. Is there a company (or MS) that I can pay to come do some one-on-one
training for styles? This is a constant struggle with our large documents
and
I really want to be trained on this. I am in N. California?

Probably (not my part of the world), but it sounds like you're over-rating
the difficulty. Bullets and numbering is one of the worst designed parts of
Word, but even so, a couple of hours experimenting is normally enough to
conquer it.