Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kent V. Busse, J.D. Kent V. Busse, J.D. is offline

Default labels without formfeed--3" wide x 1" high page setup

Dot matrix printer, ONE-UP industry standard labels (1" high, 3" wide).
Document is ONE GRAPHIC IMAGE.

The page setup and margins are working fine, and one label prints perfectly.
However, regardless of my "form length" setting on the printer (which goes
down only to 3"), Word kicks out a full 11" length of labels as if I had
inserted letter size paper FOR EVERY INDIVIDUAL COPY I have requested. I
have specified the printer model and "tractor feed" for paper source. I
don't mind the objection that my top margin is too small; the printer starts
right where I want it. My problem is the BLANK LABELS that come out
afterward. Even with the printer set to 3" form length, Word still ejects
the whole 11" pseudo-page EVEN THOUGH my page setup clearly specifies 1"
paper height and my logo image is smaller than that.

NOTE: After I print some of these identical logo labels, I use another
program to print addresses. That requires parking the printer in EXACT ONE
INCH INCREMENTS. My addressing software does that perfectly so I never have
to reposition labels in the printer. Now I have to teach WORD to do the
same thing: print the given number of identical copies at exactly one inch
each (not 11 of them at once or 10 blanks) and then stop in the right place.

How can I kill the unwanted rolling?
--
Kent V. Busse, J.D.
www.acomputerwiz.com