Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
fuel80 fuel80 is offline

Default Word2000-I do not see mail merge under Tools-how do I install?

I am trying to create a mail merge document. I have tried to follow the help
info but I can not even get to the first step-go to Tools then Mail Merge.
Help also mentions the mail merge helper-I do n't see that either.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

From the Tools menu, select Customize (or if that is also missing, right
click on a toolbar and select it) and then in the Customize dialog, select
the All Commands category and the scroll down through the list of Commands
until you come to the MailMergeHelper item and then select it with the mouse
and while holding down the left mouse key, either drag it onto a toolbar or
onto the expanded Tools menu.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"fuel80" wrote in message
I am trying to create a mail merge document. I have tried to follow the
help
info but I can not even get to the first step-go to Tools then Mail Merge.
Help also mentions the mail merge helper-I do n't see that either.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kathe kathe is offline

I'm having the same problem and nothing here has helped. I have no mailmerge
helper anywhere, not even in customize. I have document merge on tools. But
under customize, I find mail merge under categories but under commands,
there are only the specifics of merge (insert word field, etc.). So I have
nothing to drag to my toolbar. I even uninstalled the word addon, which I
read somewhere would restore mail merge to word 2000, and that did nothing.
--
Thanks

From the Tools menu, select Customize (or if that is also missing, right

"fuel80" wrote in message
I am trying to create a mail merge document. I have tried to follow the
help
info but I can not even get to the first step-go to Tools then Mail Merge.
Help also mentions the mail merge helper-I do n't see that either.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

When you display the Categories, select the All Commands category (as Doug
said). The commands are listed in the right-hand pane in alphabetical
sequence. You are correct that the Mail Merge Helper is not listed under the
Mailmerge category.

Peter Jamieson
"kathe" wrote in message
I'm having the same problem and nothing here has helped. I have no
mailmerge
helper anywhere, not even in customize. I have document merge on tools.
But
under customize, I find mail merge under categories but under commands,
there are only the specifics of merge (insert word field, etc.). So I
have
nothing to drag to my toolbar. I even uninstalled the word addon, which I
read somewhere would restore mail merge to word 2000, and that did
nothing.
--
Thanks

From the Tools menu, select Customize (or if that is also missing, right