hugh jass

Default can I fill PDF forms in Word or other software?

Hello,
I've got a PDF form that is not the type with entry fields.
Instead of putting my handwriting on this, does anyone know of a way to fill
it out using my computer?
1. Can I somehow put a PDF as a background image in a Word doc so that I can
type on top of it?
2. Had someone OCR it for me, but it's too far from the original and is
cumbersome.
3. Briefly tried doing it in Illustrator by opening the PDF and typing on
top of it, but it is quite difficult to place the text and space it so that
the form gets filled on the right lines, particularly where there are
multiple line answers.
4. Is there another piece of software that can accomplish this unique task?

Thanks for your help,
hj.

Toolman Tim

"hugh jass" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,
I've got a PDF form that is not the type with entry fields.
Instead of putting my handwriting on this, does anyone know of a way to
fill it out using my computer?
1. Can I somehow put a PDF as a background image in a Word doc so that I
can type on top of it?
2. Had someone OCR it for me, but it's too far from the original and is
cumbersome.
3. Briefly tried doing it in Illustrator by opening the PDF and typing on
top of it, but it is quite difficult to place the text and space it so
that the form gets filled on the right lines, particularly where there are
multiple line answers.
4. Is there another piece of software that can accomplish this unique
task?

Thanks for your help,
hj.

Adobe Photoshop or Elements will do it. But it won't be any different than
Illustrator. Word would be the same problem, but I believe Word will not
import PDF.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

No, it doesn't.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Toolman Tim" wrote in message
"hugh jass" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Toolman Tim

I thought not. I needed to place some PDFs in an Excel workbook recently,
and ran into that. I ended up opening it in Photoshop, exporting it as jpg.
The resolution suffered some, but it worked.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
No, it doesn't.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Toolman Tim" wrote in message
"hugh jass" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

dworkin

Toolman Tim wrote:

"hugh jass" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

You need something that will allow you to create and edit .pdf files
(assuming the one you want to use as a template isn't protected).
Acrobat (not Reader) will do this, but is fairly expensive. I believe
OpenOffice can create .pdf files, and possibly the newest version of
Word (but I'm not sure about Word). There are other .pdf creator
programs - Google for them.

Malke
--
"That'll be 10 quid."

pcbutts1

Open it in Acrobat, select toolsadvanced editingText field tool draw a
text box around each field where you need text inserted, save it, close it,
re open it, type in the text. You did say you have the full version of
Acrobat 7 right?

"hugh jass" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,
I've got a PDF form that is not the type with entry fields.
Instead of putting my handwriting on this, does anyone know of a way to
fill it out using my computer?
1. Can I somehow put a PDF as a background image in a Word doc so that I
can type on top of it?
2. Had someone OCR it for me, but it's too far from the original and is
cumbersome.
3. Briefly tried doing it in Illustrator by opening the PDF and typing on
top of it, but it is quite difficult to place the text and space it so
that the form gets filled on the right lines, particularly where there are
multiple line answers.
4. Is there another piece of software that can accomplish this unique
task?

Thanks for your help,
hj.

hugh jass

I had luck creating the form fields, but then when I saved and reopened the
doc, it just shows me the fields and doesn't enable me to fill them in.
I have to open a separate install of Acrobat Reader to fill them in.
Am I just missing some simple setting here?

thnx

"pcbutts1" wrote in message
. ..
Open it in Acrobat, select toolsadvanced editingText field tool draw a
text box around each field where you need text inserted, save it, close
it, re open it, type in the text. You did say you have the full version of
Acrobat 7 right?

"hugh jass" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,
I've got a PDF form that is not the type with entry fields.
Instead of putting my handwriting on this, does anyone know of a way to
fill it out using my computer?
1. Can I somehow put a PDF as a background image in a Word doc so that I
can type on top of it?
2. Had someone OCR it for me, but it's too far from the original and is
cumbersome.
3. Briefly tried doing it in Illustrator by opening the PDF and typing on
top of it, but it is quite difficult to place the text and space it so
that the form gets filled on the right lines, particularly where there
are multiple line answers.
4. Is there another piece of software that can accomplish this unique
task?

Thanks for your help,
hj.

pcbutts1

STOP FORGING ME YOU *******!

--

"Instead of trying to bash me you should try to learn from me and
archive my posts so you can better help people in the future. If you don't

-
-

pcbutts1 wrote:
Open it in Acrobat, select toolsadvanced editingText field tool
draw a text box around each field where you need text inserted, save
it, close it, re open it, type in the text. You did say you have the
full version of Acrobat 7 right?

"hugh jass" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,
I've got a PDF form that is not the type with entry fields.
Instead of putting my handwriting on this, does anyone know of a way
to fill it out using my computer?
1. Can I somehow put a PDF as a background image in a Word doc so
that I can type on top of it?
2. Had someone OCR it for me, but it's too far from the original and
is cumbersome.
3. Briefly tried doing it in Illustrator by opening the PDF and
typing on top of it, but it is quite difficult to place the text and
space it so that the form gets filled on the right lines,
particularly where there are multiple line answers.
4. Is there another piece of software that can accomplish this unique
task?

Thanks for your help,
hj.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Arguing with yourself is not a good sign.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"pcbutts1" wrote in message
news:1123002900.a3dd03126392dd812045a5036f877d21@t eranews...
STOP FORGING ME YOU *******!

--

pcbutts1 wrote:
Open it in Acrobat, select toolsadvanced editingText field tool
draw a text box around each field where you need text inserted, save
it, close it, re open it, type in the text. You did say you have the
full version of Acrobat 7 right?

"hugh jass" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,
I've got a PDF form that is not the type with entry fields.
Instead of putting my handwriting on this, does anyone know of a way
to fill it out using my computer?
1. Can I somehow put a PDF as a background image in a Word doc so
that I can type on top of it?
2. Had someone OCR it for me, but it's too far from the original and
is cumbersome.
3. Briefly tried doing it in Illustrator by opening the PDF and
typing on top of it, but it is quite difficult to place the text and
space it so that the form gets filled on the right lines,
particularly where there are multiple line answers.
4. Is there another piece of software that can accomplish this unique
task?

Thanks for your help,
hj.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I was forged myself when I first started in MS's groups. Eventually they
lose interest and move onto another target.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

pcbutts1 wrote:
Open it in Acrobat, select toolsadvanced editingText field tool
draw a text box around each field where you need text inserted, save
it, close it, re open it, type in the text. You did say you have the
full version of Acrobat 7 right?

"hugh jass" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,
I've got a PDF form that is not the type with entry fields.
Instead of putting my handwriting on this, does anyone know of a way
to fill it out using my computer?
1. Can I somehow put a PDF as a background image in a Word doc so
that I can type on top of it?
2. Had someone OCR it for me, but it's too far from the original and
is cumbersome.
3. Briefly tried doing it in Illustrator by opening the PDF and
typing on top of it, but it is quite difficult to place the text and
space it so that the form gets filled on the right lines,
particularly where there are multiple line answers.
4. Is there another piece of software that can accomplish this unique
task?

Thanks for your help,
hj.

What's in a Name?

"Toolman Tim" wrote in
:

Same here. We can only hope the idiot forging pcbutts1 moves on
soon, but is has been quite a while and is getting rather old.

T.T.

************Middle Posted for Maximum Confusion********************

I have 18 pcbutts1 in my killfile and I'm sure that is not all.....

-max

"pcbutts1" wrote in message
news:1123002900.a3dd03126392dd812045a5036f877d21@t eranews...
STOP FORGING ME YOU *******!