BCBC

Default Thin white border appears between cells

I'm creating an employment application using tables in Word. There are
sections for recording 4 past jobs and details of the jobs. Every other
section is shaded in gray to make it easy to differentiate between the
sections. In both of the gray sections, there are very thin white lines on
some of the cell borders. I'd like to get rid of the lines. The lines are
visible on screen and on the printed version (I printed it on 3 different
printers and had the same outcome on all). I checked the borders on all of
the surrounding cells including completely clearing the borders and putting
new ones in only where I want them and the lines still appear. How can I get
rid of the lines? Help!
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Bc,

What verwsion of Word are you using, what printer make
and model and what are the steps you're using to apply
the shading and borders.

=======
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

BCBC

I'm using Word 2003. The printers I used were a Dell Laser Printer MS200
(with a driver update within the last month) and a Brother 5 in 1 HQ1200.

For the borders, I first made the table, then removed all of the borders,
then assigned a gray fill to that section of the table. Last, I right
clicked on the cell I wanted to have a bottom border, selected "Borders &
Shading", went to the "Borders" tab, chose "cell" under "Apply to", selected
a 1/4 pt. plain line, and clicked on the bottom line in the "Preview" box.