Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gary

Default Word merge should let me filter Outlook contacts by Category

Using Office 2003. I have all my Outlook contacts in Categories (i.e.
Christmas Cards). When I go to Word to do a mail merge, I don't have the
option of filtering by Categories. I have to export all contacts, sort by
Categories, then delete all I don't want. It would be easier if Word gave
the the option of selecting which Categories I want to include in a mail
merge.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sheila D

I think you need to start from Outlook, set up a View which has the records
you need then Tools, Mail Merge

HTH - Sheila

"Gary" wrote:

Using Office 2003. I have all my Outlook contacts in Categories (i.e.
Christmas Cards). When I go to Word to do a mail merge, I don't have the
option of filtering by Categories. I have to export all contacts, sort by
Categories, then delete all I don't want. It would be easier if Word gave
the the option of selecting which Categories I want to include in a mail
merge.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You already have this option if you merge from Outlook -
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

Gary wrote:
Using Office 2003. I have all my Outlook contacts in Categories (i.e.
Christmas Cards). When I go to Word to do a mail merge, I don't have
the option of filtering by Categories. I have to export all
contacts, sort by Categories, then delete all I don't want. It would
be easier if Word gave the the option of selecting which Categories I
want to include in a mail merge.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds